Thursday, July 14, 2022

C.S. Lewis and Evolution

C. S. Lewis seems to accept evolution and an "ensoulment" type view regarding the creation of Adam and Eve, supernaturally crossing Imago Dei threshold through divine intervention acting upon genetically equivalent hominids. If I read him correctly, I agree, and further speculate (wildly) 1 that those hominids provided, for a time, the reproductive mates of A&E's descendants.





 
1 Everyone speculates wildly here. YECs outdo themselves, often speculating the Seth's wife was a mysterious sister, never mentioned. And how Cain established cities in exile... well who knows? This speculation, in addition to a yechh factor, implies that God's moral law, in this case a prohibition against incest, is not absolute.

2 comments:

  1. I think he (and you) have been right, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:31 PM

    I miss your thought provoking commentary.

    ReplyDelete