Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Finally...

I voted. For Sarah Palin. The McCain part of the ticket was an inseparable, minor annoyance.

It's clear what the outcome will be.

I'll try, with the election behind us, to return to blog posts theological.

It was weird what happened--I had no interest at all in the election until McCain chose Palin. Then I cared a great deal. It's clear, however, that energizing the evangelicals with Palin was not nearly enough.

This is one of those times when it is especially good to be a Calvinist. Regarding the election of Barack Obama:

I. God the great Creator of all things does uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge, and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy.

II. Although, in relation to the foreknowledge and decree of God, the first Cause, all things come to pass immutably, and infallibly; yet, by the same providence, He orders them to fall out, according to the nature of second causes, either necessarily, freely, or contingently. (WCF V.I,II)
So I am surprisingly--undisturbed.

Now here is something to fret about: only two more NASCAR races and the season is over--I'll have to wait until February for the Daytona 500! That's like, forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment