Thursday, August 16, 2007

More Christian Victimhood



This is the video of Christians disrupting a Hindu prayer in the senate.

And here is an article in World Net Daily by Judge Roy Moore, canonizing said Christians.

You can judge for yourself whether or not the Christians committed a righteous act of civil disobedience. But one thing, it seems to me, is beyond dispute: Judge Moore, with blatant dishonesty, tries to couch this as Christian persecution. After likening the Christians to Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, he writes:
For whatever reason, it was left to Ante, Katherine, and Christan to stand for our country and our faith in God and face the raging fire of criticism, intimidation, and persecution which has followed.

Sorry, no, this is not persecution. They were arrested for disrupting the Senate Chambers, plain and simple. Had they been arrested without committing a crime, that would be persecution.

Judge Moore panders to a niche market he helped create: American Christian Victimhood. All he will succeed in accomplishing is an unproductive desensitization.

Three men meet at a martyr's convention in heaven. Agreeing to explain their qualifications, the first man said, "My name is Stephen. I was, after Jesus, the first Christian martyr. I refused to back down from preaching the gospel." A second man said: "I lived in the Sudan. I was hunted down like a dog by Islamic militants and given an option to covert or die. I refused to deny my faith." The third man said, "I screamed my lungs off in the Senate Chambers and got arrested and made it on CNN!"

No comments:

Post a Comment