Thursday, February 15, 2007

Oh brother...

Embarrassing. Not much more can be added. I understand that some people, many of my acquaintances in fact, don't care about the science. They are comfortable in a yom = 24 hours YEC view, and not interested in hearing arguments to the contrary. I have no problem with that. Nor do I have a problem with someone who takes the next step, and says, as I have heard many times: I'm sure you're right about what science teaches, I just don't believe it. Fair enough. But my threshold is crossed when bad science is used to impugn good science, and done so with malice aforethought. I think indifference to science is theologically wrong but understandable. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal if someone doesn't want to reconcile his beliefs with science and takes the honest route of saying: "I don't care what science teaches." But what this site and others like it do—well that's just lying for Jesus.

I know I'll upset some of my readers, but the difference between the fixed earth site and the AiG or the ICR is, in my opinion, simply a matter of spit-polish and funding. Rather than admit the possibility that their private interpretation of Genesis might be wrong, they prefer to make God into a god of confusion--one whose creation doesn't proclaim his glory. How could it, if the information it reveals cannot be trusted?

No comments:

Post a Comment