- God said, “Jesus, I am about to claim you back and lift you up to me.”
The Koran. (Applicable Hint: Of course that's fiction.)
- Twas no leechery he put thee to, but lechery, and laid thy maiden body forever in the bed of harlotry!
The Sot-Weed Factor, by John Barth. (Applicable Hint: My favorite novel. Ever. [Ahem. Which I think is on my blogspot profile--which I now see has no link on my blog--which makes this hint worthless.])
- "I lost ten for passive-voice too," Maya said.
Here, Eyeball This!, by David Heddle. (Applicable Hint: If you only buy one book this Christmas season, this is the one. Trust me.)
- The strength has nothing to do with how long the objects have been in each other’s presence.
The Elegant Universe, by Brian Greene.
- Nevertheless, these cases are only exaggerations of the common fact that the female produces offspring of two sexes which sometimes differ from each other in a wonderful manner.
The Origin of Species, by Chas. Darwin.
- The Dean pointed out that not only apples but also cherries, oranges, lemons, and limes fell to earth, and while they were about it they might as well obtain a real, man-sized government contract to cover all the varieties of fruit that grow above ground.
A Random Walk in Science, by R. L. Weber.
- For example, they furnish a conservation theorem for a case in which the law of action and reaction is violated, namely when electromagnetic forces are present.
Classical Mechanics, by H. Goldstein.
- The Captain smiled and shook his head.
Thank You for Smoking, by Christopher Buckley.
- Is it appropriate to define a tangent line to a curve C at a point P on C as a line that has just one point in common with C?
Calculus and Analytic Geometry, by G. B. Thomas. (Applicable Hint: Best undergraduate textbook. Ever.)
- You keep them dumb broads quiet.
The Iceman Cometh, by Eugene O'Neill. (Applicable Hint: Baby it's cold outside)
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Book Meme: the Answers
Answers for the meme posted below.