Friday, July 28, 2017

A New Rule

It's been a while, but the Internet Atheist Facts O' Fun has been updated. The new (29th) rule:


29. The Power-Of-One Rule.  Any Christian argument, no matter how (apparently) compelling and backed by (allegedly) solid research, can be negated by a personal, unsubstantiated anecdote from just one atheist. For example, in spite of scholarly data suggesting that many Protestants believe that Catholics are saved (and vice-versa),  absolute, ubiquitous denominational intolerance is conclusively demonstrated by this authentic-sounding anecdote from a single atheist: "Before I used pure, rational, critical thinking and became an atheist, I was in a bus station in Hoboken when a man came up to me and asked me if I knew Jesus. When I told him I was a Catholic, he said 'all papists are minions of the antichrist and going to hell.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment