Friday, January 25, 2013

Sorry, I've reverted back to atheism

I mean, gimme a break,  I came across this proof:
Premise 1: That which is imaginary is not real. 
Premise 2: If something is not real, it does not actually exist. 
Premise 3: If the god of Christianity is imaginary, then it is not real and therefore does not actually exist. 
Premise 4: The god of Christianity is imaginary. 
Conclusion: Therefore, the god of Christianity is not real and therefore does not actually exist.
Who can argue against such logic?

Seriously, though, I do share with the writer an utter disdain for the theonomy of Greg Bahnsen.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:41 AM

    :D No one can argue against the validity of that argument but soundness of it. I am looking forward on how one can show that premise 4 true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strange blog that is. It's not weird that he has an opinion about presuppositional apologetics, but it is odd that he would dedicate years of blogging to that one topic and a handful of men who defend it.

    That, and all the Ayn Rand stuff. That's not very A+ of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know, if they'd've explained so clearly a long time ago, we could've avoided a whole lot of debate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya know, if they'd've explained so clearly a long time ago, we could've avoided a whole lot of debate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was a joke until I read through the blog post...

    This is the clincher: "When I imagine your god, how is what I am imagining not imaginary?"

    So simple when you stop and think about it...

    ReplyDelete