Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Resemble That Remark

It happened again!

While entering Jefferson Lab I tailgated. In case you don't know, what that means is this: the doors unlock via a badge swipe. Someone who walks in behind you without swiping their badge is tailgating. I have been at places where that will get both people fired (the person who used his badge too, if he doesn't report the incident) and possibly your security clearance revoked, but at Jefferson Lab, which is a basic research facility and not a weapons lab, it's not a big deal. And it's a pain to say "sorry, let me close the door then use your badge to get in."

So tailgating is common. People usually will just hold the door for anyone close behind. But today the lady I was following turned and said: "Well, you look like a physicist, so come on in."

Look like a physicist? Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment