Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Race Day!


I have tickets to Sunday's NASCAR race at Loudon, NH. For those of you who think NASCAR is just watching cars go 'round and 'round: you simply don't get it! And no explanation will suffice. Like the gospel, it will always be foolishness to the unenlightened.

Nice weather. Cold drinks††. Forty-three 800HP cars. Flyovers by fighter jets. Crashes. Controversies. What's not to like?

Let's hope Dale Earnhardt Jr. has an early engine failure (sorry Becky). Not because I don't like him, but because if he retires early a lot of his fans (about half the people in attendance will be Jr. fans) pack up and go, giving the rest of us much more room.


Actually, I'm waiting for the tickets I bought on eBay to arrive. Is that a legitimate concern to pray about?

†† But not beer. Strangely enough, at Loudon you may bring beer into the track but they don't sell it. Must be an insurance thing. But lugging a cooler is a pain. So the cold drink will probably be high quality H2O. Well—I could bring one or two in my backpack (that's legal). It's good to be a Bapterian.

No comments:

Post a Comment