Monday, September 04, 2006

What's in the Bible

My first Sunday School topic this year will not be, as originally planned, the question of the continuation or cessation prophetic gifts. That may come later. Instead we will begin with a simpler topic: what's in the bible. We'll use a book of that very title: What's in the Bible (no question mark) by R. C. Sproul and Robert Wolgemuth.

The general idea is to give an overview of the entire bible in its historic context. Who were the Babylonians? where was Babylonia? etc. The goal is that, upon completion, there will be less distracting historic, geographic, and cultural nebulousness when reading scripture.

I am not sure how long it will take. The book has seventeen chapters, so I plan to try getting through one per week.

I'll post my notes here. I do plan to augment the book with better maps and more historic context.

No comments:

Post a Comment