Thursday, August 25, 2005

Whatever...

My friend Tom R asks, in a comment below:
David, you seem to be a de facto Presbyterian on most of Calvin's beliefs -- eucharist, predestination, and even baptism? Or am I misrepresenting you?
You are not misrepresenting me. I am a Presbyterian attending a reformed-leaning Baptist church.

I get to drink like a Presbyterian and eat like a Baptist! Nirvana!

This years Sunday School will follow Primitive Theology, The Collected Primers of John H. Gerstner, Soli Deo Gloria, 1996. (Hey Josh S, aren’t you a big fan of Gerstner?) The topics are:
  • Apologetics
  • Biblical Inerrancy
  • The Deity of Christ
  • Predestination
  • Free Will
  • Justification
  • Roman Catholicism
  • The Atonement
  • Reconciliation
  • The Problem of Pleasure
  • Dispensationalism

The last topic may require equal time be given to the substantive pro-dispensationalist camp within the church.

I’ll be posting the notes, as usual.

I am also going to give a (probably) multipart series on Cosmological Intelligent Design. This will be at the church but will be advertised through the community—an outreach type thing. I’ll post that material as well.

WARNING: possibly offensive joke to follow!

My son told me this. As always, I don't know if it's old; I always suspect that I am among the last to hear a joke. It's a Helen Keller joke, but not in the usual mean-spirited sense. Still, you are forewarned.

Q: Why was Helen Keller a terrible driver?

A: Because she was a woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment