Thursday, September 30, 2004

Field Trip




Click here for pictures from my son Luke's recent (9/27/04) field trip. We (I chaperoned) climbed Mt. Washington in New Hampshire. At 6228 feet it is the highest peak in the northeastern U.S., and boast's of the world's worst weather. However, on this day it was gorgeous, crystal clear with a high at the summit of about 45 °F and almost no wind, virtually unprecedented for late September.

What a thorn in my side I must bear, living in New Hampshire.

The foliage is just starting to turn. In two weeks, it’ll knock your socks off.

It was great fun being out with my son in the midst of this spectacular beauty, created by random chance and also by the self-evident fact that of all the parallel universes, the vast majority of which are sterile, we live in a lucky one that has just the right laws of physics and just the right initial conditions to create stars and life sustaining rocky planets God for His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment