Thursday, August 28, 2003

Request for Information

No serious post today—too much real work. However, I have a few requests. I would be interested in
  1. Any source that presents a reasoned biblical case for a complete prohibition against alcohol. I am talking about ix-nay even on drinking in moderation, for the sake of argument defined as a glass of wine at dinner, not a six pack while watching a football game. (Due to my denominational switch I drink like a Presbyterian and eat like a Baptist. Is that the best or worst of both worlds?)

  2. Any source (seems downright impossible) that makes a reasoned case for the King James Version Only requirement of some fundamentalist churches. (If it was good enough for Jesus it’s good enough for me doesn’t constitute a reasoned case.)

  3. Your explanation why Psalm 14 is repeated near verbatim as Psalm 53. (My theory: God just wanted to see if we are paying attention.)

  4. Your opinion as to whether this verse, which I posted on blogs4God yesterday (that post has a link back to this site, so beware of an infinite loop), belongs in the list of humorous scripture (which is always accepting new entries):

    Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love, all the days of this meaningless life that God has given you under the sun- all your meaningless days. For this is your lot in life and in your toilsome labor under the sun. (Ecc. 9:9, NIV)

    It tickles my fancy, but that means little.

No comments:

Post a Comment