Thursday, July 04, 2002

Independence Day

The emphasis today is on family time and other vital secondary causes such as BBQ, fireworks, and swimming. That means I am taking a day off from the blogging.

BTW, I have noticed as sight shift in the zeitgeist of the Christian blogosphere. Or is it just my imagination?

I will just leave you to ponder, on this day of national (American) introspection:

and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. (2 Chron. 7:14, NASB)


(Got that NRO?) and

First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. (1 Tim. 2:1-4, NASB)


[Aside: If I were still a professor and you were my students I would quiz you if the desires in 1 Tim 2:4 refers to God’s decretive, preceptive, or permissive will. Of course, more often than not you are the professors and I am the student. Besides, it would have been an odd quiz question for a Quantum Mechanics class.]

Have a safe 4th of July.


No comments:

Post a Comment